Please note: All applicants must have the right to work in the UK as we cannot provide sponsorship.
This Support Worker job is located a 15/20 Minute Commute along the A10 to the South West of Cambridge. It could also be commutable from other areas surrounding Cambridge including Great Shelford, Sawston and Saffron Walden.
- £11 - £12 per hour DOE.
- £1000 Welcome Bonus
- Full or Part Time Hours.
- 30 days’ holiday including bank holidays- Increasing yearly up to 33 days per year
- Life assurance & pension.
- Car lease scheme, bike to work scheme.
- Full training inc Funded Level 3 Diploma in Health & Social Care.
We are recruiting Support Workers on behalf of one of a specialist provider of education, care and support for children and young people living with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and disabilities.
As a Support Worker you will joining a residential service and learning environment for children and young adults living with severe and complex learning difficulties and/or physical disabilities. A key part of your role will be helping people develop the life skills they require. You will provide emotional guidance and support, provide support with daily life skills, empower them to be independent and try new things, and encourage them to be active in the local community. You will also be helping residents to enjoy the fun activities they enjoy which can vary from shopping, pet therapy, swimming, watching films, and so much more.
- Experience of working within a disability setting either personally or professionally would be advantageous.
- Ability to guide, mentor, and encourage wherever possible.
- Being enthusiastic, proactive, and having a passion for working within the sector – essential.
If you are excited by this job vacancy in Cambridge, then please click on apply. We will be happy to tell you more about this job vacancy and answer questions you may have.