- £14.00 - £15.28 per hour (£25K – 27’300 actual Salary)
- Full-time hours – 40-hours per week
- Term Time Only.
- Life assurance & pension.
- Car lease scheme, bike to work scheme.
- Continuous training, support, and professional development.
As a Higher Level Teaching Assistant, you could be joining an Outstanding specialist further education college set in a beautiful location. You will be supporting Young People whose needs are usually related to Asperger’s Syndrome, Autism, or other Learning Disabilities. Some of the students may also have sensory or physical impairments. You will be key in supporting the Class Teacher and the young people with their learning in a safe environment.
You will know & understand the class curriculum, and assist the Teacher to plan, prepare and deliver teaching and learning activities to a small class group. This would also include supporting with care needs, positive behaviour management and tailoring your approach to each child. You will also be expected to lead a classroom in the absence of the teacher.
This school is well resourced with an exceptional multi-disciplinary team and facilities. This is one of the leading providers of education, care and support for children and young people living with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and disabilities.
Every member of the team has a common goal to empower the young people through learning so they can achieve their goals and a positive future. Each individual student has 1:1 support as well as support in small groups, and your role will be key to providing that support. This is an amazing place to work, not only for the work that they do, but for the location in which you do it too.
- Higher-Level Teaching Assistant Diploma or Level 4
- GCSE Pass Above a C (or 4 in new GCSE system) in English & Maths,
- Experience working in a Specialist Education Setting (SEN) employed or voluntary.
- Knowledge or experience of working within an educational setting.
- Knowledge & experience of pupils with SEN or SEMH/ASD
- Enthusiastic, proactive, and having a passion for working within the sector – essential.
- You must be over the age of 21.
If you are excited by this job opportunity then please click on apply. We will be happy to tell you more about this job vacancy and answer questions you may have.