This job vacancy is also commutable from Preston, Chorley, Bamber Bridge, and other nearby areas of Lancashire. If you are currently a Teaching Assistant, Learning Mentor, or Learning Support Assistant, then we would love to speak to you.
Please note Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. We are unable to offer UK Visa Sponsorship at this time.
Benefits & Criteria
- £24'400 - £26'600 (FTE) / £11.72 - £12.78 per hour
- Full-time hours, 40-hours per week, term-time only.
- Fully funded support towards further qualifications.
- Discount scheme – money off food bills, internet, restaurants, and more.
- Health cash plan & employee assistance programme.
- Car lease scheme & bike to work scheme.
- Experience working with SEN in an employed or voluntary setting ideally in school setting.
- Knowledge or experience of pupils with SEN or SEMH/ASD - essential.
- GCSE Maths and English Level 2 or above qualification - essential.
- Full UK driving licence and access to your own car – essential.
The school & your role
You could be joining a specialist high school for young people with special education needs. Every member of the team has a common goal to empower the young people through learning so they can achieve their goals and a positive future in a safe, caring environment.
As their SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be key in supporting the children with their learning and well-being. You will be key in positive behaviour management, personal development, supporting the class teacher, participating in the planning and evaluation of learning activities, and supporting care needs when required.
If you are interested in this job vacancy and if you have a passion to support children, then please click on apply. We will be happy to tell you more about this job vacancy and answer questions you may have.