Part-Time permanent job vacancy, Young Adult Support Worker, Learning Disabilities in Bishopston, Bristol, Avon. No experience needed.
This Support Worker job is located in Bishopston approximately 15-minutes/3-miles from the centre of Bristol via the A38. It is also easily commutable from Filton, Redland, Westbury on Trym, Clifton and surrounding Bristol locations.
- £11 - £12 per hour DOE.
- £1000 Welcome Bonus
- Part-time hours – 28-hours per week on a rota basis. (Plus overtime at enhanced rate)
- Life assurance & pension.
- Car lease scheme, bike to work scheme.
- Full training & continued support.
We are recruiting Support Workers for a group of specialist education, care and support services for children and young people living with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and disabilities. They have an impressive network of Supported Living services, residential homes, schools, and colleges, where all their talented teamwork with specialists to enable every young person to develop their abilities and create a positive future.
You will joining a Supported Living service and learning environment for young adults aged 19 and above living with severe and complex learning difficulties. A key part of your role will be helping these young adults develop the life skills they require. You will support them with daily life skills, empower them to be independent and try new things, and encourage them to be active in the local community. You will also be helping residents to enjoy the fun activities they enjoy which can vary from shopping, pet therapy, swimming, watching films, and so much more.
- Experience of working within a disability setting either personally or professionally would be advantageous.
- Ability to guide, mentor, and encourage wherever possible.
- Being enthusiastic, proactive, and having a passion for working within the sector – essential.
This provider has a strong commitment towards developing their fantastic team and offering them a clear career pathway. So, who knows, this might just be the start of an exciting rewarding career.
If you are excited by this job vacancy then please click on apply. We will be happy to tell you more about this job vacancy and answer questions you may have.