Deputy Director of Adult Social Care
Salary: £73,150 per annum
Hours: Full-time, 37 hours per week (job share and flexible options considered)
Location: Flexible home-based with travel to CQC Offices
Closing date: Thursday 29th February 2024 at 11.59pm
This role is NOT open to applications from those who will require sponsorship under the points-based system. Should you apply for this role and be found to require sponsorship, your application will be rejected, and any provisional offer of employment withdrawn.
We’re the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and we work to improve health and adult social care in England.
Through the dedication of our expert team, we monitor health and social care services to provide England with a safe and compassionate care system, recognising when services perform well as well as encouraging improvements and taking action over poorer care, where necessary.
One of our main commitments is to become a truly inclusive organisation and to role model a diverse and representative culture. To do so, we work with a variety of networks, including the Disability Equality Network, Race Equality Network and LGBT+ Equality Network.
We are now looking for a Deputy Director of Adult Social Care to join us on a full-time, permanent basis.
- 27 days’ annual leave, rising with service to 32.5 days, plus 8 Bank Holidays
- NHS pension scheme, with around a 14% employer contribution
- Free employee assistance service 24 hours a day
- Discounts to supermarkets, high street stores, electronics and fleet cars
- Discounted gym vouchers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Internal reward scheme where you could win a voucher or two!
- Equipment for homeworking
Why this could be a great role for you
If you’re a high calibre healthcare, social care or regulatory professional with a track record of shaping operational policy, this is the perfect opportunity to join our transformative organisation.
You will have the chance to make a nation-wide impact on adult social care services, using your expertise to promote best practice and drive improvements in the health sector, making for a truly rewarding and impactful role.
In addition to this, you will discover a tailored path with further executive level progression potential within a role where you will be able to create the legacy and deliver at the highest levels.
What you will bring…
To be considered as the Deputy Director of Adult Social Care, you will need:
- Experience of working in health, social care, the NHS, a regulatory environment, or a related field
- Significant experience of shaping operational policy
- Significant experience in risk management within a relevant organisation
- Significant experience of leading and managing change (including cultural change) effectively in complex and fast-moving environments
- Experience in leading and managing diverse teams through a matrix management approach
- Experience in stakeholder engagement
- Experience of leading and developing professional capability
What you’ll be doing
As the Deputy Director of Adult Social Care, you’ll accelerate and drive improvements in the adult social care sector.
Working closely with our Operations Group, you will respond to high-risk provider issues, using your sector expertise to support regulatory decision making and share good practice.
You will be part of a Regulatory Leadership Team handling brand new legislation with new powers and responsibilities and will manage a small team of Senior Specialists in the delivery of our new strategy and improvements whilst addressing inequalities.
Personally leading individual complex programmes, you will project manage work, ensuring delivery meets all required targets and quality standards.
If you require any support or assistance with the recruitment process, please get in touch with our team or include a note in your application.
We know diverse teams allow for a more creative and productive environment and therefore encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, gender/sex, gender identity or expression, religion or belief, disability, ethnicity or sexual orientation.
So, if you’d like to join us as Deputy Director of Adult Social Care, please apply via the button shown.
Other organisations may call this role Deputy Head of Adult Social Care, Deputy Head of Operations, Deputy Director of Care, Healthcare Director, Social Care Director, or Development Deputy Director.
Deputy Director of Adult Social Care