- £30-45K per annum (M1 - UPS1)
- Full-time, 40-hours per week (term-time only).
- Part-Time Also an option for the right candidate.
- Life Insurance & Teachers Pension.
- Fantastic Perks & Benefits package available.
You would be joining a specialist education college for young adults aged 11 -16 living with social and emotional difficulties, autism, anxiety disorders, and mental health conditions.
You will be key in delivering high-quality teaching to the young people within a safe environment helping to equip them for the next stage of their lives. The College supports young people aged 11-16 years who have difficulties with communication and social interaction, typically associated with Asperger’s Syndrome, Autism and/or challenging behaviour. Every member of the team has a common goal to empower the young people through learning so they can achieve their goals and a positive future.
- Relevant knowledge of working with children with ASD, SEMH and PDA desirable.
- Understanding Safeguarding and child protection guidelines.
- PGCE, QTS, Cert Ed or equivalent teaching qualification and evidence of in-service training.
- Good communication skills both written & verbal.
- Ability to engage students in positive enabling relationships.