Please Note: We are unable to provide UK Visa Sponsorship
This vacancy is a 30-minute commute from York City Centre via the A64/A1036.
- £13.00 - £14.00 per hour.
- 8 Hour Shifts 9/10am – 5/6pm.
- 32 Hours per week Wednesday – Saturday.
- Or Monday, Tuesday, Sunday, and bank holidays.
- Weekends & Holidays away for hobbies / breaks. (Fully paid for)
- Similar interests would be highly desirable.
- Candidates will need to be flexible.
- Car Driver Essential.
- Must have some care knowledge.
You will be supporting an active gentleman in his early 60’s, with a good sense of humour. This gentleman is visually impaired, has an acquired brain injury and is in a wheelchair. He is very keen to maintain his hobbies which are Sport, football (he supports Leeds United), Rugby League, motor racing in his adapted vehicle, going to the gym and of course the pub. He is not only looking for a Support Worker but also a friend / mate someone who shares similar interests. Support would also include:
- Support with his finances.
- No personal care is involved.
- Accompanying him on holidays / days out and daily activities.
- Going to the football & to the pub.
- Helping with financial and lifestyle decisions.
- Help around the home with his adaptations.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking a rewarding role. You will work alongside other support workers, family members, his case manager as well as his team of private therapists, within his own home, to help with his long-term rehabilitation. You will be employed directly with the gentleman but managed through his Case Management company.
If this job vacancy sounds appealing, please click on apply. Once you have applied, we will contact you and answer any questions you may have as well as providing further information.
This position is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act and applicants will he subject to an Enhanced DBS check and fully referenced.