Location: Based in Telford (but you may be required to visit our other sites in South Yorkshire for training and development as needed)
Hours: Full time (9-5 / Monday-Friday)
Contract Term: Permanent (subject to 6 month probationary period)
Start Date: ASAP
Are you currently working in education and looking for a new challenge? Are you missing the chance to teach smaller group sizes so that your delivery can have a greater impact? Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people? We are looking for a supportive and nurturing Youth Worker to join our Telford team. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award winning nationally recognized organization that strives to make education accessible for learners who have struggled to cope in mainstream.
Some of the perks of working at The Really NEET Project
- 9 weeks’ paid holiday per year (during school holidays)
- Vitality Health package (with no employee excess to pay on claims)
- Royal London Pension Scheme
- 45p per mile for any work related journeys
- Minimal teaching hrs compared to mainstream education settings
- Dedicated time allocated for planning time
Who will I be teaching?
- Really NEET was born from the need to offer a safe, inclusive and supportive learning environment for young people aged 16-24yrs who have struggled to cope in mainstream education.
- Most of our learners will have some form external barriers to education also. We offer holistic wrap around support teamed with a youth work approach so that we can support our learners to thrive inside and outside of the classroom.
- All of our learners have an Educational, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and as a result all have some level of additional need. Some of the most common areas of need that we see are Social, Emotional, Mental Health (SEMH), Autism (ASC), and ADHD although we work with learners with a much broader range of needs.
- To allow our learners to thrive we work in small group sizes of approx. 6-10 with support staff.
- Ahead of any learner coming to us, we consult with the local authority to ensure that we are the most suitable provider to meet their needs.
Typical Day in the life of a Really NEET tutor
- Begin your day by collecting a student/s on your way in to work
- Arrive onsite for 10am and do student check ins and allow time for settling in/breakfast
- Take registers
- Teach for 2-4hrs during the day
- When you aren’t teaching, give support to learners in other lessons
- Drop learners home around 3:30
- Come back to site for team meeting, marking, planning, updating learner targets and EHCP targets
- Once every 2 weeks a full day is given to staff for their admin duties/planning/marking
- Once every 2 weeks there will be a day dedicated to learner activities to increase engagement and participation, this may be things like graffiti workshops, trampolining, bowling, climbing, nature walks, museum visits etc
- Have at least a Level 3 qualification in teaching, as well as a Level 3 in an area related to the subject that you will be delivering (or be willing to take part in CPD to achieve this).
- Must have a supportive and nurturing approach and a real ability to engage disengaged learners or those that may struggle to see the value in their education.
- Must own your own car, have business insurance in place and ensure that tax and MOT are maintained. You must be willing to carry out student pick ups and drop offs (mileage paid at 45p per mile).
- Responsible for the planning and delivery of Change Workshops which cover PSD and Careers and deliver Maslow Sessions and lead on Experience Days
- To deliver and implement teaching and learning practices to raise student standards and progress
- To develop and deliver high quality teaching materials and schemes of learning that keep students engaged using creativity, differentiation and extension tasks
- Plan effectively to ensure pupils have the opportunity to meet their potential, taking account of the needs of pupils who are underachieving, those that are able and those that are excelling in Maths
- To meet the needs of pupils with Special Educational Needs and in collaboration with the SENCO to prepare, implement, monitor and review Individual Educational Packages
- To provide a high-quality student experience that enables students to succeed beyond their expectations
- Promote Inclusion best practice and contribute to the aims and ethos of the college
- Working with students from Pre-Entry to Level 2
- Responsible for comprehensive marking and written and verbal feedback for students
- Working in conjunction with the Outstanding and Good criteria for OFSTED
- To participate in weekly group engagement activities such as bowling, nature walks, climbing, graffiti workshops etc to ensure you build a strong rapport with all students
We currently have projects in Rotherham, Barnsley, London and The Midlands.
If you want to work somewhere that values both its staff and its learners, then Really NEET would welcome your application.
For more information on our organization please visit our website.
Please note that we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our learners and expect all those who work with us to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Clearance check (Disclosure and Barring Service) and complete a Self Disclosure.
So, if you’d like to join us as a Youth Worker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.